One of the products I’ve come across through researching super greens and other products by this company is Dr. Gundry (Gundry MD) and their range of Prebiothrive products. As I’ve already looked into their Primal Plants (and a little at the Vital Reds) I thought a delve into this area of digestive supplements would be interesting.
Prebiotics and probiotics are in an area being continually looked at by medical and dietetics researchers as they are linked with gut health and can, therefore, be considered to form the base of dietary supplement use – what we eat and drink is after all the foundation of our health.
PrebioThrive is a health and wellness supplement available to buy online. It’s produced in powder form and has to be mixed with water and consumed as a drink. It’s a natural product that consists of five plant extracts. The formulation is manufactured in the USA and there is no added sugar or artificial sweeteners. There is some confusion over probiotics and prebiotics that will be unraveled in this prebiothrive reviews.
- Well-researched ingredients.
- We can’t say they’re not studied.
- Hints of ingredient synergy.
- That added flax seed makes everything work better.
- Savings on multiple orders.
- Up to $10/bottle savings + free shipping.
- 90-day money-back guarantee.
- It’s always good to have one in case your product doesn’t work.
- Proprietary blend.
- We can’t tell how much of what is in this supplement.
- Poor customer feedback.
- Overwhelming poor feedback would make anyone hesitate to buy this.
- Too good to be true commercial.
- Customers say the marketing team did a great job of making them buy a product that doesn’t work.
How Does Prebiothrive Taste?
The feedback seems to be that Prebiothrive has no discernible taste, and there don’t appear to be any flavors added.
As with other MS SMart Supplements or supplements and foods containing dietary fiber the side effects can be bloating, excessive gas and digestive discomfort. It is generally advised that you increase dietary fiber slowly, gradually increasing your daily intake rather than taking large amounts at any one time.
PrebioThrive contains five main ingredients, all prebiotics:
- Acacia gum: This natural gum comes from the acacia tree and is a highly soluble fiber that has been used to lower cholesterol, improve irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and promote weight loss.
- Agave inulin: This form of dietary fiber comes from the agave plant and has been shown to promote healthy bacteria in the gut.
- Flaxseed: These small seeds contain omega-3s as well as soluble and insoluble fiber. They can also support healthy gut bacteria and help lower cholesterol, and contain anti-cancer and antioxidant properties.
- Galactooligosaccharides (GOS): This prebiotic is made up of sugars from dairy products and plants like beans and root vegetables. It’s often used as a sweetener, or to treat a variety of gut conditions, including constipation, IBS and ulcerative colitis.
- Guar gum: This highly soluble fiber is extracted from guar beans and acts as a bulk-forming laxative. It’s been shown to stimulate the growth of healthy gut bacteria and has been used to promote regular bowel movements and treat IBS. PrebioThrive uses all organic ingredients and is free of sugar, soy, lectin, and artificial sweeteners. It also contains milk.
There is prebiotic potential in this supplement, and they do have the right ingredients despite poor formula design, but the questions are:
- Will the 10 g serving to be enough for the general population?
- Will it be enough for you?
- Guess you’ll just have to find out yourself.
How Did Prebiothrive Start?
Prebiothrive was created with “purity in mind,” according to the company. The intestine is an important part of the digestive system, and they claim that their supplement will help keep it healthy.
The supplement was created by Steven Gundry, MD through Gundry MD. The doctor has written plenty of health books and has made other supplements like Lectin Shield and Vital Reds.
Prebiothrive Warnings: There are no warnings related to Prebiothrive. But, the manufacturers do advise customers to speak with a medical professional before using it.
Prebiothrive Claims: Our research team came across some claims about the product on the company’s official site. According to the company, Prebiothrive is supposed to result in:
- Efficient digestion
- Reduced discomfort in stomach and bowel
- Increased energy and feelings of well-being
- A better balance of the gut microbiome
- No more difficult morning constipation
Are Customers Experiencing Relief with Prebiothrive?
There were 129 customer reviews on the Prebiothrive website at the time of our research, who had given it nearly a 5-star average rating. Is this what customers were saying elsewhere online?
We also found 22 customer reviews for Prebiothrive on HighYa, with a similar average rating of 4.3 stars. There, most seemed to appreciate the reduce bloating, increased energy, improved digestion and regularity, and even weight loss it delivered.
Like most nutritional supplements, the most common Prebiothrive complaint there was a lack of results, as well as an unenjoyable taste/texture (many claimed it doesn’t dissolve well in water) and high price.
Clearly, this doesn’t mean you’re sure to experience any of the same with Prebiothrive; we’re just giving you all the facts.